Thursday 22 July 2010

LOTD: Pink Petals

Every so often, two things happen. One is that I forget that my skills with eyeliner are, at best, limited. The other thing is that I have the urge to do some variation on the classic matte red lips-light shadow-black eyeliner combination. On this particular occasion there was also a third factor in my decision to try this look; I have an interview tomorrow and wanted to see if I could manage 'polished and elegant' rather than 'clown let loose with felt-tip pens'.  

































What I used

Face 

Meow Pampered Puss in Frisky Sphynx and Naughty Mau 
Meow Lost Rainforest Glow in Queen Alexandria 
Fyrinnae Glow Blush in Seduce

Eyes

E.L.F. Mineral Primer
Aromaleigh Rosy Cheeks all over eye
Aromaleigh Cattleya on lid then blended upwards to just above crease
Aromaleigh Bouganvilla on crease then blended down to outer v of lid
All Natural Face Black Pearl Gel Liner on upper and lower lash line
Max Factor black kohl pencil on waterline
Maybelline Lash Stiletto Voluptuous in black 

Lips

Morgana Minerals lipstick in Azalea

4 comments:

  1. I think it looks great! I am fine at applying liner with a felt tip, but if it's the brush kind I'm screwed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm much better at applying liner with a pen as well but I've not found any where I like the colour, for some reason all the ones I've tried have ended up looking dark blue on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your liner looks great. Much better than most gals for sure! It seems to be smooth and even which is the most important thing in my opinion.
    You really do look elegant!

    For liner, I normally use Kryolan aqua color liner in black. It is VERY BLACK and you mix it with water to get whatever consistency you like that works for you. I have a post about it here, and tips/videos for liner application:
    http://themoonmaiden-blix.blogspot.com/search/label/Video%20tutorial

    Hope that may help you if you're interested. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you.

    I'll have to check out Kryolan. The videos are excellent, time to get practising. :-)

    ReplyDelete